Like our in-home care services, home health care can also be provided in a retirement home. Many clients move to a retirement residence at a time when they were able to participate in the various social and physical activities offered. A change in health status, a hospital visit, or a fall can change the level of care that is required by the client. Many retirement homes are not set up to provide care for evolving needs.
Our goal is to assist our clients to be as safe and independent as possible, as we assist them with their increased level of care at any stage, in any environment, wherever they call home.
Calgary Elder Care’s caregivers will help you age gracefully in your own home, wherever you call home. Most often a few extra hours a day can make all the difference.
Calgary Elder Care can provide hourly or 24/7 assistance with:
- Assist with personal care
- Assist with meals/feeding to ensure proper nutrition and fluids
- Assist with mobility and transfers
- Provide companionship, socialization
- Engaging in activities
- Monitor pain, etc./communicate needs to staff
- Supervise client
- Seek help from staff when needed
- Communicate with family and other care providers
- Outings to social events