Helping clients remain independent is vitally important to us. We offer a variety of home health care services to clients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery, or those facing a new health care diagnosis requiring change in lifestyle.
The care we provide to those rehabilitating after surgery is customized to the individual’s specific needs and wants, the discharge plan at the hospital and is always sensitive to the diagnosis and condition of the client. Our trained and compassionate caregivers offer safety and peace of mind with after surgery care.
- Transportation to and from surgery
- Assistance with discharge orders, organizing paperwork
- Picking up prescriptions
- Arranging Doctor follow-up appointments
- Medication reminders at home
- Pain monitoring
- Assistance with personal care, including bathing, toileting and transferring
- Meal planning and preparation
- Housecleaning help, laundry
- Post operative exercises, Range of Motion
- Observation for infection or post hospitalization complications
- Assistance with positioning, transfers, or mobility
One in five clients discharged from the hospital are readmitted within 30 days, making the care one receives those first 30 days at home so important for long term recovery. Calgary Elder Care caregivers will assist with potential hazards in the home to reduce the possibility of a hospital readmission.