In Long Term Care Facilities, nutrition and hygiene are key, however, staffing ratios of up to 15-23 clients per caregiver are not uncommon. Assisting a frail senior who has mobility issues, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, etc. can be extremely time consuming. Add to that clients who are bedridden that need to be repositioned regularly and clients who are incontinent. Many facilities are stretched to the limit trying to ensure proper nutrition and hydration.
Our caregivers can supplement the care being given in care facilities or a nursing home, by working one-on-one with clients ensuring they consume their meals, assisting with personal care and providing socialization and companionship that is so often needed.
A complimentary assessment is done by one of our Registered Nurses and a care plan is created specific to your loved one’s needs prior to start of service. We give special consideration to every caregiver placed with your loved one, ensuring the appropriate skill set, personality and availability.
Calgary Elder Care can provide hourly or 24/7 assistance with:
- Assist with personal care
- Assist with meals/feeding to ensure proper nutrition and fluids
- Assist with mobility and transfers
- Provide companionship, socialization
- Engaging in activities
- Monitor pain, etc./communicate needs to staff
- Supervise client
- Seek help from staff when needed
- Communicate with family and other care providers
- Outings to social events