The idea of aging gracefully – or with dignity – shouldn’t be a complex one. Aging, and the challenges that sometimes may come with it, doesn’t need to be a scary or stressful time for a family. Our senior home care services are designed to address current abilities and promote physical and emotional well-being, as well as ensuring your care plan and services provided evolve along with you and your changing needs.
From companionship services to hands-on care, our caregivers ensure that you are cared for with compassion and quality, and that you are encouraged to live each day to the fullest.
Our care management team will help with the following senior home care services:
- Initial and ongoing assessment of clients needs
- An individualized care plan based on your requests, your needs and your budget
- Personalized matching of caregiver according to your needs and requests
- Management and supervision of caregivers
- Medication management
- Coordinate/attend medical appointments including physical and occupational therapy
- Coordinate and manage details of daily tasks such as appointments, transportation, etc.
- Ongoing comprehensive home safety evaluation
- Arrange for assistive devices or home management tools to ensure safety
- Ensure that you or your loved one is properly advocated for
- Manage complex, chronic conditions
- Encourage socialization
- Provide ongoing support and communication to the family
- Collaborate with other professionals such as Physicians, Physical and Occupation Therapists, etc.
- Regular visits from a care manager encourage and support professionalism, quality of care and home safety
Calgary Elder Care is also able to provide a unique case management service between client and their guardianship organization or trust.