Mobile Foot Care
Maintaining foot health is essential when it comes to senior care. Neglecting your feet can lead to poor balance and an inactive life style. It’s very easy to overlook foot care in the elderly as more attention falls to bigger issues such as illness or injuries. Our Certified Foot Care Nurses will help you have happy, healthy feet and maintain your independence.
Our Foot Care treatment will include:
- A relaxing foot soak
- A full foot assessment (and referral if necessary)
- Trimming and filing of toenails
- Moisturizing foot rub and massage
- Removal of calluses and corns
- Treatment of fungal nails
Calgary Elder Care’s Certified Foot Care Nurses will bring all the necessary equipment with them to your home. All you need is a comfortable chair.
Tips for Happy Feet:
- Wash your feet every day with warm water and soap.
- Dry your feet well, especially between the toes.
- Keep your feet soft and smooth by applying cream to tops and bottoms, especially heels.
- Check your feet every day. Look for redness, cuts, blisters, sores, swelling, numbness, tingling or pain that doesn’t go away.
- Don’t treat corns, bunions, calluses without consulting your doctor.
- Cut toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails. File carefully.
- Wear comfortable shoes and socks.
- Be active every day. Walking is the best way to keep you and your feet healthy and happy!