Calgary Elder Care selects exceptional people to fit your needs and provide consistent, reliable care. We recruit a wide variety of caregivers to enable us to carefully match to each individual’s requirements.
Attitude, personality and common values are key elements in providing seniors with the best possible care, and weigh heavily in our hiring process. The right combination of experience, skills, commitment, and personality are important in matching the caregiver to client.
Certification and experience are both equally as important when matching caregiver and client. The care required for a senior who needs companion care differs greatly from care required from post-hospitalization or care required for late-stage Alzheimer’s. We confirm a caregiver’s qualifications and experience through reference checks and ongoing follow-up visits.
Calgary Elder Care Caregivers
- Multiple interviews
- Personal and Professional references
- Written Skills Test
- Criminal background checks
- Certifications (HCA, PSW, CNA, LPN, RN)
- Drivers License and Vehicle Insurance
- Orientation and Safety Training
- CPR and First Aid
- “Passion for Caregiving”
- Certifications up-to-date
- Completion of training courses
- Personalizing their knowledge to meet needs of client
- On-site assessments and performance reviews
Daily in-home requirements include:
- Clock in/out through a telephony system from clients home phone
- Follow their client’s plan of care
- Assist with appointments and reminders
- Log daily events in progress notes
- Kindness and a constant awareness of their client’s needs
- Professionalism and discretion
- Maintain confidentiality
All caregivers are interviewed in person to determine their eligibility as a Calgary Elder Care caregiver. If their attitude, personality, certification, experience, and skills meet our standards, we proceed with a thorough reference and background check. Calgary Elder Care hires only caregivers of the highest quality. We differentiate from other home care services by selecting only the best and experienced caregivers. That means that roughly 5% of applicants are hired.
Extensive police and background checks are undertaken and detailed, professional, and personal references are obtained.
This process includes hiring only experienced caregivers, training and retraining to our standards, to ensure the highest standards of care for our clients.
We take the time to listen and understand individual requirements and skillfully match our caregivers to the specific needs and personalities of our clients. Finding the right match will make your experience easier and more enjoyable.
Our caregivers are employed by Calgary Elder Care and are not merely referred to you through an agency-style relationship.
- This provides quality control over the services we provide.
- We adhere to the Government of Alberta Employment Standards, which strictly regulates the wages, hours and working conditions of household occupations.
- We provide WCB Insurance to cover for work-related injuries for caregivers in your home.
- We pay employment insurance for our caregivers to protect our clients from being charged with back fees in the event a caregiver were to file for unemployment.
- We pay the employer portion of all local, provincial and federal taxes, and file all relevant paperwork.
Bonding and Insurance
All of our caregivers are insured for coverage relating to any liability that may arise related to care giving.